Yorkshire Pudding

Yorkshire Pudding


Ingredients:
2 tbsp Canola Oil
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
4 Eggs
1 1/4 cups 2% milk


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 450F
Measure 1/2 tsp Canola Oil into each cup of a muffin pan. 
Swirl oil in each cup. 
Heat pain in oven for 5 minutes.
Stir flour with salt in a medium bowl.
Whisk eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and whisk until combined.
Remove muffin pan from oven and fill each up with 1/4 cup of batter.
Bake in centre of oven until puddings puff up and are dark golden.  About 15 minutes.
Makes 12 large puddings

Notes: 
This batter keeps well covered and refrigerated up to 6 hours. 
These muffins were quite large.   I made a 12 muffin tin and I could have spread the batter out further for a lighter fluffier pudding by making 24. 
I spray my muffin tin with PAM baking spray first and then add the oil.   I've had them stick in the past and found this ensured they didn't stick. 


 
(I forgot to take a picture when they came out of the oven all big and puffy.  They do deflate which makes them perfect for filling with gravy!)

Comments